Cosmetic Bonding is a simple process that takes about thirty to sixty minutes per tooth to complete. It is often painless and performed without local anesthesia or sedation. This process has a few steps:
1. Consult dentist about having cosmetic bonding.
2. Prepare tooth for dental bonding.
3. Dentist will use a shade guide to select the proper composite resin. This is done as so the resin will match the natural color of your tooth.
4. A conditioning material is applied to help resin enhance the tooth.
5. Dentist will use an ultraviolet light or laser to harden the resin.
6. Once the resin is hardened, the dentist will trim and shape the tooth.
7. Dentist will polish the tooth.
The procedure will help you correct your tooth, beautifying your smile! It can be used for many cases, such as repairing decayed teeth, repairing chipped or cracked teeth, improve appearance of discolored teeth, close spaces between teeth, make teeth look longer, change shape of teeth, and protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed. Therefore, cosmetic bonding is a great treatment that can give you the smile you need!
If you are in need of cosmetic bonding, be sure to call or visit 7 Day Dental to get more information and consult a dentist today!