Tooth Colored Inlays And Onlays
Tooth colored inlays are designed to treat the decay in the indented portion of the rear teeth. Tooth colored onlays are designed to correct the damages that extend over the tooth cusp. These treatments can eliminate the need for a dental crown in most cases. In all, the inlays and onlays are restorations made to the rear teeth that have a mild to moderate amount of decay.
Colored inlays and onlays require a bigger initial investment than regular fillings. Though, in the long run, colored inlays and onlays are a better investment. They last long and have a highly accurate fit.
In receiving the inlays and onlays, the treatment process has a few steps:
1. Isolate the tooth and remove any old fillings or damaged tooth structure under local anesthesia.
2. Make an impression of the tooth.
3. Create an inlay or onlay based on the impression from porcelain, gold, or composite resin material.
4. Cement the inlay or onlay in place.
5. Make any final adjustments to ensure the comfortable feel.
At 7 Day Dental, inlays and onlays are considered great treatments. If you are thinking about receiving an inlay or onlay, give 7 Day Dental a call or visit today!
Visit or call 7 Day Dental today!