Oral cancer is a disease that should not be taken lightly. If not treated or detected early, its growth may become extremely life threatening. Many of the symptoms or signs of oral cancer include:
• Swellings, lumps, or rough spts in and around the mouth.
• Development of velvety white, red, or speckled patches in the mouth.
• Unexplained bleeding or numbness in the mouth.
• Persistent sores on the face, neck, or mouth that bleed easily.
• Soreness or feeling that something is caught in the throat.
• Difficulty chewing or swallowing.
• Hoarseness or change in voice.
However, sometimes these signs are not detected, even through regular checkups and examinations. So, what is another detection procedure that you can take?
ViziLite is the procedure that you want to get! ViziLite is an oral lesion identification and marking sytem that helps to evaluate any abnormal oral lesions that may have any abnormal and dangerous cells or cancer. ViziLite uses chemiluminescent light to identify the abnormalities, using blue phenothiazine dye to mark where the abnormalities occur.
“How is it used?” you may ask. Well, first, you must rinse with a dilute acetic acid solution. After, any abnormal squamous epithelium tissue will be white when viewed under the ViziLite’s light, thereby identifying and displaying where any abnormalities occur, allowing for further investigation.
With ViziLite’s amazing abilities to detect oral cancer, it is thus something that you should use as well in order to have early detection. Therefore, be sure to visit 7 Day Dental Euclid to book your appointment for a ViziLite examination today! We truly care for your oral health!